Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Very First Blog Post... WOO HOO!


Well hello blogging world! & Happy Valentine's Day! Or, for all my fellow singles out there, Happy Singles Awareness Day! haha but most importantly: Today is Arizona's 98th Birthday! Yeah AZ! & I must say that it is a wonderful day in this spectacular state! Perfect weather and now i'm gazing outside at another typical gorgeous Arizona sunset. Ahhh wonderful. I'm also watching the movie "Julie & Julia" with my little sister and I must say I am loving it. :) One of my New Year's resolutions is to attain cooking skills, since all I really know how to cook is macaroni and spaghetti. So, if anyone out there has any delicious recipes out there, please do not hesitate to send them my way.
Oh! & I am very pleased to announce that I have already accomplished one of my other New Year's Resolutions! I have lost 20 POUNDS! Do you hear me?! TWENTY! & I'm not exaggerating at all! Literally 20 pounds have disappeared from my body! I'm not going to lie, I am very proud of myself. I feel great! Happier & Healthier! I am eating healthier too. It's fantastic! I'll put pictures up soon. :)
Hmm so what else is new in my life? Let's see... I am a Sophomore in college, going to school full time at MCC, and am leaning towards getting a degree in Education or Psychology to become a teacher or a counselor. Last year, I had the opportunity to do service learning with my cousin Morgan who is a 3rd grade teacher and a 2nd grade teacher from the elementary school I attended. I absolutely loved it. So, this semester I am taking four classes: Sociology, Public Speaking, Art Humanities, & Spanish! I am loving all of them so far. My professors are great. My favorite right now is my Art class. It makes me want to travel so badly. Oh, if only traveling and studying abroad wasn't so ridiculously expensive... which brings me to my next subject: my job.
I work every day, except for Sundays, at a women's clothing boutique called "Bella Blue". I really enjoy working there and I adore my boss. The clothes & accessories we sell there are beyond cute. So if you are into fabulous clothes and fun accessories, then you should definitely come check it out (you can get the address if you go to our facebook page).
So back to the fact that today is Valentine's Day... meh... Although I do not have a Valentine this year, and haven't had much experience with that *blissful* thing called "love", I am still a happy & optimistic single woman. I know someday soon I will meet that man that I will be with for time and all eternity. I just need to be patient.
Well bloggers, I am now going to end my very first ridiculously long blog post/novel with one of my favorite quotes from this movie. And seeing as how it is Valentine's Day, I think it is a perfectly appropriate quote...

"You are the butter to my bread and the breath to my life."

Ah, Sooo cute! I can't wait until I meet someone that will say cute things like that to me. :) haha ok i'm done now. xoxo <3

4 comments:

  1. Nice Jordan! Excellent start. Morgan just told me she is going to steal your background...watch out!

    You are an amazing cousin. Jake loves and misses you.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did steal your background! that picture of cupid kills me... see you tomorrow cous.. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordan I love this and awesome job!! Nick is right!! that is a great! So proud! cute blog.:) love and miss you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jordan,
    I love your blog - I miss you - wish you were coming to visit with Morgan,Nick and Jake.

    Love you,
    Milissa

    ReplyDelete